Hey, everyBODY! Today we’re waxing on about hard wax vs soft wax. And specifically, the specialty waxes Waxxpot uses on our clients, aka, you, when you come in for your wax. Because you should know what you’re getting into, right? Knowledge is power and whatnot. And bonus, it will help make your wax appointment more comfortable.
So anyway, Waxxpot provides clients with two specialty waxes that we detail further down. But arguably the most important thing to reveal is that we design our exclusive formulas to help make your wax just a better experience overall. Quicker. More precise. And, more importantly, to make waxing less painful. With longer, smoother results.
So here’s a quick outline on the different types of wax we offer.
Difference between hard and soft wax
What is hard wax?
- Waxxpot’s hard wax: A beeswax base applied wet to skin that dries upon removal. Note this particular, pliable wax does possess a light fragrance.
Good to know about hard wax
- Wax is removed when it hardens sans strip (such as muslin)
- Best for coarse, textured hair
- Often used on face, underarms and bikini area
- Easily attaches to and removes even the shortest of hairs
- Swift clean up, with slight to no sticky residue post-wax
- Some find hard wax to be less painful than soft wax, though it’s debatable
What is soft wax?
- Waxxpot’s strip soft wax is fragrance free and possesses a special oil blend that helps protect the skin by providing an extra barrier between the wax and your skin. Hello, optimal comfort. It’s our most popular wax.
Good to know about soft wax
- Ideal for all hair types
- Very effective for removing fine hair
- Best for waxing large areas: legs, armpits, arms
- Adheres to skin more so than hard wax, therefore acts as a better exfoliant
- Most find soft wax to be less painful than hard wax, though that’s debatable
And, as always, should you have any questions about hard vs soft wax, reach out. Contact us, or feel free to ask one of our wax specialists while at a Waxxpot salon. They’re a wealth of information and have your best interest in mind.