One of the most common questions we get from people who have never had a bikini wax before is “How much is this going to hurt??”
Here’s the Truth for All You Bikini Wax First-Timers
Quite frankly, it all comes down to your pain tolerance. We know, this is what everybody says. But it’s entirely true.
The good news is there are a couple things you can do to reduce any discomfort you might feel.
- Plan your wax around your period: You may have noticed that you experience increased sensitivity around that time of the month. Pain tolerance tends to be lower the week before and during your period, so plan your bikini wax accordingly (especially if you tend to have PMS).
- Get waxed regularly: The more you wax, the less it hurts – and we promise we’re not just saying that! Over time, waxing actually damages your hair follicles, so hair grows back slower and thinner (and sometimes not at all!). This means there’s less hair to wax and the whole process involves less time and less pain. Win/win.
- Pop an Advil: Taking one ibuprofen 30-45 minutes before your wax is a surefire way to reduce any pain you might feel.
What to expect during your first bikini wax
We totally get it. Your first bikini wax can be nerve-wracking if you don’t know what to expect. To ease your mind a bit, here’s how it goes down at all of our Waxxpot locations:
- You’ll be walked through every step of the entire process, so you never have the chance to feel nervous or uncomfortable.
- Your Waxx Specialist will sit you down for a skin consultation to determine which wax formula best works for you and what kind of wax you want. (Brazilian? Bikini Full? We do it all!)
- Waxxpot’s soft wax—our exclusive, can-only-find-here wax—is designed to not only rid you of the itty-bitty baby hairs, but to make your hair removal process as painless as possible.
Got more questions? Our Waxxpot team has compiled more waxing tips should you need them.
Hopefully now you’re feeling a little better about booking that first bikini wax. Believe us, you won’t regret it. There’s nothing like that freshly-waxed feeling!