Eyebrows. We shape them. We wax them. We admire them (and congratulate ourselves) for being so well-groomed. We revel in the compliments we receive because they look so fantastic. And then—we made the decision to tint our eyebrows. Total game-changer. Who knew smoothing semi-permanent dye over our brows could define them so much? Enhance them…Not only upped our brow game but had us kicking ourselves for not booking this beauty treatment earlier.
Why tint your eyebrows? We explain.
Why You Should Tint Your Brows
- Regretting last night’s tweeze-happy incident in front of your magnifying mirror? Brow tinting is a great fix for over-plucking.
- It’s also a solution if your brows have become lighter (factors like age or if you’re often outdoors play a part). Tinting will immediately make brows appear thicker.
- Tinting enhances your brows, at least temporarily (it lasts about a month—and even up to six weeks if you’re lucky).
- It gives brows a more natural look (versus using a makeup pencil to fill brows).
- To add to our previous point, tinting your brows allows you to go more minimal on your makeup bag. Meaning, you can get rid of the brow pencils, powders and gels.
- It saves time in the morning. Because not only can you skip filling in your eyebrows, just a more-defined look in general affords the opportunity to pare down on your makeup. People will only be staring at your gorgeous brow game anyway.
- Brow tinting is quite quick. The process of eyebrow tinting is swift, taking a few minutes at a salon.
Eyebrow Tinting Tips
Good to know: Go to a beauty expert at a reputable salon so your brow tinting is done safely and effectively. This is extremely important. Plus, brow technicians are savvier about selecting the correct brow shape for your face and the ideal hue to best complement your skin tone. (Many will opt to custom mix various hues to find your perfect shade.)
Also, you need to be aware of what formula is being used on your brows prior to your appointment—vegetable-based? Henna? Natural dye? Ask questions.